Sang Hyuk Son.
He is a Chair Professor at DGIST and IEEE Fellow
He has been a Professor of Computer Science Department at the University of Virginia, and WCU Chair Professor at Sogang University. He received the B.S. degree in electronics engineering from Seoul National University, M.S. degree from KAIST, and the Ph.D. in computer science from University of Maryland, College Park. He has been a Visiting Professor at KAIST, City University of Hong Kong, Ecole Centrale de Lille in France, and Linkoping University and University of Skovde in Sweden.
Prof. Son has served as the chair of the IEEE Technical Committee on Real-Time Systems during 2007-2008. He is serving as an Associate Editor for Real-Time Systems Journal and Journal of Computing Science and Engineering, and has served on the editorial board of IEEE Transactions on Computers and IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. He is also serving as a member of the steering committee for RTCSA, Cyber physical Systems Week, and SEUS. He received the Outstanding Contribution Award form ACM/IEEE Cyber Physical Systems Week in 2012. His research interests include cyber physical systems, real-time and embedded systems, database and data services, and wireless sensor networks. He has written or co-authored over 340 papers and edited/authored four books in these areas. His research has been funded by National Science Foundation, DARPA, Office of Naval Research, Department of Energy, National Security Agency, IBM, and National Research Foundation of Korea.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Maryland, 1986
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Maryland, 1984
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science, 1978
- B.S., Electronics Engineering, Seoul National University, 1976
- Chair Professor, DGIST (Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology) 2019-Present.
- President, DGIST (Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology) Mar. 2017-2018.
- President, Institute of Embedded Engineering of Korea, Korea Jan. 2016-Present.
- Fellow, DGIST 2012 – 2017
- Dean, Graduate School, DGIST, 2015 – 2017
- Director, Central Library, DGIST, 2015 – 2017
- Department Chair, DGIST, 2012 – 2015.
- Professor, University of Virginia, 1999 – 2012.
- Adjunct Professor, University of Skovde, Sweden, 2004 – 2012.
- Associate Professor, University of Virginia, 1992 – 1999.
- Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, 1986 – 1992.
- Instructor, University of Maryland, 1985.
- Member of Technical Staff, Korea Telecommunication Company, 1978 – 1981.Paragraph.
- WCU Chair Professor, Sogang University, Korea, 2008 – 2011.
- Visiting Professor, Linkoping University, Sweden, 2002.
- Visiting Professor, Ecole Centrale de Lille, France, 2001.
- Academic Visitor, City University of Hong Kong, 1996, 2002.
- Visiting Professor, Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, 1994 – 1995.
- Fellow, Korean Academy of Science and Technology, 2015.
- Foreign Member, National Academy of Engineering of Korea, 2015.
- IEEE Fellow, Jan. 2013.
- Outstanding Contribution Award, IEEE/ACM Cyber Physical Systems Week, 2012.
- Outstanding Service Award, Korean Computer Scientists and Engineers Association in America, 2012.
- IEEE Service Award, IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Real-Time Systems, 2009.
- Outstanding Contribution Award, IEEE International Conference on Real-Time and Embedded Computing Systems and Applications, 2004.